Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

If You Want Something Done Right...

I made another update on here. In the upper right corner I've got a page set up for my prenatal care, which I will be starting sometime around 6 to 8 weeks, I think. For anyone who doesn't know, our last two babies were born at home. Hamilton's birth was attended by a wonderful midwife whom I adore. We would have loved to have the same midwife with Daisy but we moved across the country when there were still two months left of my pregnancy. I felt that it was too late in the game to find a new midwife and build a bond so after much discussion we decided to do it ourselves.

Daisy's birth was a dream. Everything was just perfect with only Josh, Hamilton and Damian there. It was so intimate and personal that now we can't imagine doing it any other way. This time I will be responsible for my own prenatal care; I'll be weighing myself, checking my blood pressure, measuring the baby's growth (fundal height), the baby's heartbeat (FHR), the baby's position (presentation), and using urine strips to test for proteins. Additionally, I will be watching for signs of preterm labor, edema and gestational diabetes. Of course if there is a problem at any time then I will transfer my care to an obstetrician.

I also have, for your viewing pleasure, a positive pregnancy test with a much darker line, which should eliminate any doubt about our impending little sweetheart.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I see the line now!!! And can u come to the east coast now?

    ReplyDelete